Here, Ajahn Nyanadhammo tells the story of one day when Ajahn Chah taught him a nice little lesson.
Watch your own mind. Be careful not to get caught up when others praise or blame you. Why? Because:
- Somebody says something nice to you – and you are happy for the whole day.
- Somebody says something nasty to you – and you are unhappy for the whole day.
You are letting your own happiness be determined by external circumstances – and so your emotions will be like a yo-yo, getting pulled here and there.
As Ajahn Chah would say:
- If we like it – that’s good
- If we don’t like it – that’s good
- If it’s good – that’s good
- If it’s bad – that’s good
Thanks to Youtube channel Tuyube69 for sharing this video.